Friday, April 26, 2013

$33 a day

No this isn't a cooking segment nor do i have that much dough to shell out on food everyday. Lol :-$

What I can tell you though, is i work and live on minimum wage as a proud employee/laborer for Labor Ready (LR). (a nation wide day labor temp agency). Although this varies from state to state the current MO going rate is $7.35 an hour. Now because I'm law abiding when it come to working for LR I pay the crazy thing called taxes! o_O

After taking out taxes dividing it up by 30 days in the month, if I'm lucky and put in 30-40hrs a week I have only $30-35 a day to spend on everything. (gas, food, housing, cell phone, fun stuffs, exedra)

Working for a temp agency is hit or miss but my past seven months working 35 hours a week for LR have been positive. No i don't get paid well and 9/10 jobs all pay us the same rate, but i do get paid everyday on a pay card and can take off any day i want to with no questions asked. Those two points in my opinion are well worth it. :-)

So it is safe to assume if i post about a job it is through Labor Ready. Now some of the places or people i work for I cant take pictures nor talk about but i will try my best and fill you in on the jobs i can indeed talk about. :-)

For relativity reasons currently I work out of the Springfield, MO branch but I started at one of the Denver, CO locations.

Peace!!! O:-) -Nomad out

P.S. What is your thoughts on minimum wage overall? Is it reasonable?

Attached picture: A job that lasted a week, (Denver, CO sometime in November) all i did was pick up trash along side of streets and in the Denver waste management yard. Boring job but someone had to do it. At least it was really really nice weather the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment