Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Bucket List

Definition of Bucket List: A list of things you want to do before you die.

I believe people started to really consider the term once a Rob Reiner movie was released called "The Bucket List" in which 2 terminally ill men (played by Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson) go on a road trip to do the things they wanted to do before they died (kicked the bucket).




Sadly, the old man passed away with his bucket list still containing several unfulfilled desires.

That movie to me was good but the show The Buried Life is what truly inspired me to make a list. For me it seemed Like I had an endless amount of places I wanted to go and things I wanted to see. During my free time over the summer when I wasn't working I started to put a list together. It took about two months to write up, and So far this is what I have: Go check it out. As I progress along, plan to be involved as I post my experiences.

If you didn't get the chance to tune into the Buried Life, It began with a simple question: "What do you want to do before you die?" Out of it grew an inspirational TV show and a grassroots movement that has allowed viewers to live vicariously through four friends -- Ben, Jonnie, Duncan and Dave -- as they put themselves in the most incredible and unexpected situations while traveling the country trying to complete a list of "100 things they want to do before they die."

No comments:

Post a Comment